Rocket Docket Legal Software is a document automation and document assembly solution for any workstation in any sized law firm.
We did not just focus on the forms we focused on the task.
We created interviews in HotDocs® and connected them to Microsoft Outlook®. The interviews manage all of the case information and contacts, including staff assigned.
HotDocs merges all of the case information into the documents with simple mouse clicks.
Outlook merges all of the contact information into the forms and letters with simple mouse clicks.
And if that isn’t enough Rocket Docket document assembly software also does very complicated lawyer math like loan amortizations; interest for payoffs; tax pro-rations; and automatically inserts it into the forms with simple mouse clicks. The math updates in the system and the forms in real time so you never have to look at multiple forms to make sure the math is the same.
Will Rocket Docket Work in Large Firms?
Big and Small firms deal with the exact same information.
All Firms have to:
- input client names and contact information into workflows;
- input repetitive information multiple times into workflows;
- deal with the exact same courts;
- assign particular lawyers and staff to a case;
- prepare the exact same forms;
- manage the information exactly as small firms do;
- format addresses into lines and blocks and create signature lines and notary blocks;
- perform and update complicated mathematical calculations
What is so different about Rocket Docket?
Rocket Docket legal document assembly software blends the technologies of HotDocs for its database power and content control and Microsoft Outlook for contact management. Previously this amount of processing power required an expensive team of consultants to be hired at a cost typically well beyond the reach of small and medium sized firms.
Bulk data is input with simple mouse-clicks eliminating cut and paste; find and replace and associated errors.
The power of the system drastically improves confidence in the output and a corresponding elimination of the stress associated with errors.
- simple data entry into intuitive interviews with a user friendly interface
- simple contact import from Microsoft Outlook
- simple information merges perfectly formatted with a simple mouse clicks
- no more countless hours re-typing, cutting and pasting often used information
- forms, letters and fax cover sheets assembled in seconds with 100% accuracy
- all future production is guaranteed to contain the exact same information
- allows unique, complete ready to print workflows, with simple mouse clicks
- allows for paperless work flow and office
- allows all the time saved to be used as you choose
- libraries are updated with current law and the documents needed to get each job done
- performs complex mathematical computations updated in real with simple input
The heart of our system is the case contacts. The vast majority of information in every case is the contacts which are needed, properly formatted in the forms and letters. This information is automatically formatted in every place in every form and letter with no additional input required.
Letters and Fax Cover Sheets
A typical law firm produces as many letters and fax covers as forms. Every letter and fax cover has unique lines and blocks of information including, letterhead elements; address blocks, fax to lines; regarding lines; letter content; service and filing; signed by attorney or staff and carbon copy.
All of the fax covers and letters in Rocket Docket are produced with one or two mouse clicks because the information has already been entered once and the letter has been pre-programmed. Any finishing can easily be done in the word processor.
We built an interface which is intuitive and allows information to be entered once. The information is then made available to every form and letter in the system.
A typical workflow consists of any number of forms, letters to transmit the forms and affidavits of service. You choose all the forms and letters you want to complete at one time with simple mouse clicks.
Our primary objective has been to build a system that can include any number of practice areas in any state and federal district.
Each practice library recognizes and reads the information input into other practice libraries because they are all part of the same system.
These are not standalone libraries that do not recognize each other or the information in them.
We did not just focus on the forms we focused on the task. If the task is to get someone divorced, we know what forms are necessary and have included and programmed them.
We want to assist your firm all day every day
Rocket Docket legal document assembly software was built by lawyers for lawyers. We have programmed the forms and features needed to actually perform and complete the work that we need to do all day every day. Rocket Docket is a high speed high volume solution focusing on accuracy and confidence.
What are the problems that Rocket Docket eliminates?
Aside from cut and paste errors and an outrageous waste of time and resources, we know how lawyers work. We are lawyers.
Case Study 1 – Precedents
- Lawyers often rely on precedents to do current work, for example the last divorce we did.
- But, the facts are different. The names are different. The courts and judges and opposing attorneys are different. Sometimes the client’s gender is even different.
- All of this information has to be replaced.
TWO Problems: Errors and Changes in the Law.
- Using precedents guarantees errors, some minor – some devastating.
- Using precedents guarantees eventually using an outdated forms.
- Rocket Docket is updated. As the laws change the forms change. Many of our forms are Official Court Forms.
Case Study 2 – Forms with Blanks
- The blanks in the static forms force lawyers into working with the rough equivalent of crayons, scissors and glue.
- A deed is a simple enough form. What is different in every deed is the date, the property, the buyers and sellers and the people who sign it.
- How hard is it to create an interview that asks the names of the people, the address and the date it is being signed and notarized?
- Not very hard. What is hard is that we are well into the 21st century and there are still static forms with blanks that have to be scissored and glued.
How does Rocket Docket solve the problem?
A simple process:
- Open a case file.
- Select the lawyer and staff into the case.
- Enter the parties and select their roles.
- Enter the case specific information into the interviews.
- Select the correspondences and forms you want to assemble from the interviews.
- Send the workflow to the word processor.
- Save the case file so you may pick up where you left off later.
Check us out at Rocket Docket Legal Software